This post is obviously a little late but here nonetheless. I am amped to be presenting tonight at Ignite Phoenix ASU at the ASU Education Lecture Hall. I’m surrounded by phenomenal presenters and honored to be among them. I will be presenting on creating a collaborative incubation culture in Phoenix. Don’t know what that is? Then you need to RSVP (or just show up) for the event tonight at the ASU Main Campus.
Here’s the title and description of my 5-minute Ignite talk:
Archipelago: we are islands, together.
Biography: Brandon is an ASU alum, father, musician, and entrepreneur. He has a passion for connecting people and making Phoenix awesome.
Description: The very gifts and strengths that make for a good entrepreneur, can make us lone wolves. While you need to be confident and self-reliant, you cannot make it on your own. Let’s talk about bringing entrepreneurs together, young, old, new, experienced, successful, and struggling. We can make each other better, and by extension, make Phoenix better.
And here’s the full lineup:
- Live together, die alone: Island survival for non-profits – John Mather
- The burgeoning Phoenix Design scene, and how you can be involved – Mark Dudlik & Andrew Coppola
- Archipelago: we are islands, together – Brandon Willey
- How TED Built Their Community of TED Addicts – Tomas Carrillo
- Prison 101: Interns Behind the Wire – Sue Ellen Allen
- Design Bridges the Gap Between Universities and Communities – John Takamura
- Trust NASA To Get Us Out Of Here? Or The Cultural Impetus For Sustainability – Andrew Latimer
- Guerrilla Marketing: Reaching Out to Homeless Youth – Tim Huffman
- Improvisation as a collaborative tool – Nina Miller
- Poverty. What it looks like and what I can do? – Brian McCollow